Dow and S&P on pace for third straight down day
The major indices open lower but are seeing some modest rebound in early trading:
- Dow industrial average is trading down -113 points or -0.33% at 34845
- S&P index is down -13.4 points or -0.30% at 4386.27
- NASDAQ index is down 54 points or -0.38% at 14467
the Dow industrial average was down over 350 points in early premarket New York trading. The NASDAQ index was down over -100 points and the S&P was down over -40 points.
In other markets:
- Spot gold is trading near unchanged at $1786.68 (down $0.80).
- Spot silver is down $0.13 or -0.58% at $23.36
- WTI crude oil futures are down $0.98 or -1.52% at $63.60
- Bitcoin is down $35 and $44,686
US yields are off their lowest levels. The 10 year yield reached 1.22%, but has rebounded to 1.245% currently. That still down -2.8 basis points but off the lows for the day.