Weekly US initial jobless claims and continuing claims
- Prior week
- Initial jobless claims 353K versus 345K estimate.
- Initial jobless claims four week moving average 366.5K versus 378K last week
- Continuing claims 2862K versus 2865K last week.
- Continuing claims four week moving average 2901.5 K versus 3010K last week
- For the full report CLICK HERE
Last week’s data corresponded with the survey week for the monthly BLS employment report. It was the lowest post Covid. The number this week is close enough to the the all time low to suggest the trend is going in the right direction. At the started September all states emergency Unemployment benefit of $300 per week will lapse. Expectations are that will encourage people in those states to enter the workforce and bring claims down even further.