U.S. Treasury debt issuance estimates
- U.S. Treasury expects to issue $463 billion of net marketable debt in April to June 2021. That is much higher than the February estimate of $95 billion
- increasing in the borrowing estimate is due to additional spending due to covert 19
- in January – March 2020, it issued $401 billion in net debt
- ended quarter with cash balance of 1.1 to $2 trillion
- expects to issue $821 billion in the net marketable debt in July to September 2021 assuming and September $750 billion of cash balances
As deficits soar so do the treasures auction of debt.