The FOMC rate decision waited
The US stocks are opening with mixed results. The NASDAQ is higher. The Dow is lower, and the S&P is near unchanged.
- S&P index unchanged at 4246.87
- NASDAQ index up 20 points or 0.14% 14093
- Dow down 24 points or -0.07% of 34276.45
A look around the markets as US stock trading gets underway shows:
- Spot gold is trading down $2.20 or -0.12% at $1856.90.
- Spot silver is up $0.10 or 0.37% at $27.76.
- WTI crude oil futures are up $0.12 or 0.15% $72.24. The DOA will release their inventory data at 10:30 AM. The private data showed a larger than expected drawdown of 8.54 million
- Bitcoin is trading down $639 or -1.6% at $39,313
In the US debt market, the yields are modestly changed from the closing levels yesterday: