NASDAQ works on its third record high in a row. The S&P joins that index today
The S&P and NASDAQ both opened at new record highs. The NASDAQ index has closed at all-time highs the last two trading days. The S&P fell short of its all-time high at 4247.16 both yesterday and on Tuesday (by about a point or two). Today, the open has taken the price comfortably above that level.
The snapshot of the market currently shows::
- S&P index +24.49 points or 0.58% at 4266.33
- NASDAQ index up 97.27 points or 0.68% at 14369
- Dow up 204.79 points or 0.60% at 34079. 03
In other markets as US stock trading gets underway is showing:
- Spot gold plus $5.82 or 0.33% $1784.48.
- Spot silver up $0.21 or 0.82% at $26.10
- WTI crude oil futures are down $0.45 or -0.62% at $72.63
- Bitcoin up $874 or 2.64% at $33,932
In the US debt market, yields are mixed:
- two year 0.256%, -0.5 basis points
- five year 0.892%, +1.1 basis point
- 10 year 1.478%, -0.6 basis point
- 30 year 2.094%, -1.3 basis points
In the forex, the NZD remains the strongest of the majors, while the GBP range the weakest. The USD is March the lower verse most of the currency pairs with the exception of the GBP.