Up for the fifth consecutive day
The major US stock indices close higher for the fifth consecutive day and in the process closed at record highs once again. A look at the provisional closes shows:
- Dow industrial average rose 82.76 points or 0.24% at 35,144.31
- S&P rose 10.51 points or 0.24% at 4422.30
- NASDAQ index rose 3.72 points or +0.03% at 14,840.71
- Dow, S&P and NASDAQ also hit record intraday highs
- energy materials are the biggest sector leaders
- healthcare utilities biggest sector laggards
The new all-time high levels for the indices are:
- Dow 35,150.37
- S&P 4423.20
- NASDAQ 14863.60
The Russell 2000 rose by 7.27 points or 0.33% at 2216.92
After the close test the reported adjusted earnings per share of $1.45 versus expectations of $0.98. Revenues grew by $11.96 billion versus expectations of $11.3 billion.
Tesla shares are currently up around $7.31 or 1.1% at $665 in after-hours trading.