NASDAQ leading the way. Dow industrial average is lower in early trading
The major indices are opening higher with the NASDAQ and S&P trading at record intraday highs. The NASDAQ leads the way to the upside with a gain of around 85 points. The Dow industrial average is lower on the day by -0.11%.
The snapshot currently shows
- S&P index up 6.67 points or 0.16% at 4287.2. The new intraday high reached 4288.27
- NASDAQ index up 86 points or 0.6% at 14446.57. The new intraday high reach 14452.25.
- Dow industrial average -39 points or -0.11% at 34397.88
In other markets as US stock trading gets underway for the week:
- Spot gold $-1.60 or -0.09% at 1779.89.
- Spot silver is trading up 1.7 cents or 0.017% at $26.11.
- WTI crude oil futures are down $0.51 or -0.70% at $73.53. That is at the low for the day. The high reached $74.45
- The price of bitcoin is trading at $34,300.
In the US debt market, yields are lower with the 10 year leading the way at -2.7 basis points
- 2 year 0.258%, -0.7 basis points
- 5 year 0.905%, -1.6 basis point
- 10 year 1.495%, -2.9 basis points
- 30 year 2.121%, -2.7 basis points