Modest gains and losses for most of the major indices
The European indices are closing the session with mixed results and modest changes for most of the major indices:
- German DAX, -0.1%
- France’s CAC, +0.7%
- UK’s FTSE 100, +0.35%
- Spain’s Ibex, +0.1%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB, unchanged
In other markets as London/European traders look to exit:
- Spot gold is down $-3.20 or -0.18% at $1809.70.
- Spot silver is up $0.15 or 0.56% $25.51
- WTI crude oil futures are off their lows but still down about $1.10 or -1.54% at $70.46. The low price reached $69.18.
- The price of bitcoin is trading just above the $38,000 level at $38,065
In the US stock market, the major indices are trading in the black with the NASDAQ lagging the Dow and S&P.
- Dow industrial average +200 points or 0.58% at 35,038.48
- S&P index up 20.03 points or 0.46% at 4407.19
- NASDAQ index up 9.6 points or 0.07% at 14690.73
In the US debt market, the benchmark 10 year yield is trading above and below unchanged on the day. It is currently up 0.2 basis point at 1.1740%.